Growing up in Australia’s Byron Bay region, I’ve always been an avid wanderluster and nature-loving hippy at heart! As a child, I was so lucky to be surrounded by the divine beauty of the earth, ocean and of the wonderful plants, animals, aromas and adventures of the coastline. In fact, to this day living in Byron Bay really keeps my inner child alive. I still feel wonderment all the time and I’m surprised at how many things still, well … surprise me! From the spectacular beauty of the national parks to the sun-kissed ocean views brimming with people from all walks of life, I am so in love with this divinely sacred place.
And that got me thinking about my not-so-secret childhood obsession with treehouses. What could be more exciting or closer to nature than living in a tree?! It still makes my inner child leap for joy. So with a little help from Airbnb, I went on a little research adventure of my own to discover all the unbelievable and stunning treehouse locations that exist out there. It was hard to choose…
My top 10 treehouse destinations in the world
- Aroma(n)tica TreehouseinMonferrato, $AUD206 / night
- BKK Riverside House Near to BTS Bangkok, Thailand $AUD165 / night
- Treehouse at Kilauea Volcano, Volcano, HI, United States $AUD382 / night
- Tree Sparrow House, Cornwall. Helston, Cornwall, United Kingdom $AUD172 / night
- Rainforest Tree House w Hot Springs Cooper, Alajuela, Costa Rica $AUD174 / night
- Tree House Tiny House and Main Home Washougal, WA, United States $AUD271 / night
- treehouse in a Natural Park Huétor de Santillán, Andalusia, Spain $AUD58 / night
- Artsy and Rustic 1927 tree house Los Angeles, CA, United States $AUD199 / night
- Secluded Intown Treehouse Atlanta, GA, United States $AUD486 / night
- Treehouse Blue Mountains Bilpin, NSW, Australia $AUD980 / night
They’re all so cool it’s almost impossible to choose. All I know for sure is that when I do visit one and / or all of these beautiful treehouses, I will need to pack my number one travel companion … our Organic Jetset balm! We created it with the weary traveller in mind as a travelling balm to keep skin hydrated on the plane, on the road or at the hotel (or treehouse). It’s packed with native botanicals, which promote a sense of wellness and relaxation along with other antioxidant-rich ingredients to keep skin soft and supple. I don’t know about you, but this is the exact feeling I crave after a long journey and the Organic Jetset balm helps me achieve it instantaneously. I like to start using it 1-2 days before I travel to put me in the most relaxed mood possible.
Where is the one destination in the world you’d love to travel to?